The Muslim American Leadership Alliance (MALA) is a 501c3 civil rights organization committed to promoting individual freedom and celebrating Muslim-American heritage. An alliance dedicated to leadership through integrity, MALA provides a platform for people to share their stories; nurtures emerging community leaders; and unites Americans of all backgrounds to advance constructive solutions to extremism and human rights abuses. We embrace free expression, gender equality, and pluralism as cherished universal ideals. (www.malanational.org)
MALA – Elevate Your Journey
MALA’s programs aim to
- Inspire Muslim-Americans to share their unique stories and shape their futures;
- Elevate public dialogue on Muslim-American identity in the 21st Century;
- Unite all Americans in a common struggle for freedom and human rights;
- Partner with civic leaders to strengthen community and counter extremism;
- Mentor and empower emerging young leaders.
OUR MOTTO – “Elevate Y/our Journey”
- Elevate: Because values define our journeys and choices have consequences, we strive to do better and achieve meaningful impact.
- Y/Our: Because individual progress is linked to community progress – and vice versa – we come together while respecting individuality.
- Journey: Our identities are constantly unfolding as we make choices and define ourselves.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Discourse & Dialogue – Build bridges through a respectful exchange of ideas
- Individuality & Inclusion – Define yourself – and welcome others – without repression or conformity
- Freedom & Equal Opportunity – Open societies enable Muslims to thrive in a diverse community
- Pride – Being both Muslim and American provides an important opportunity for leadership, at home and abroad
- Leadership & Integrity – Stand up for what we believe in and help others do the same